Anderson Chemical Company was started in 1911 by Swedish immigrant, Alfred Anderson.
Alfred began serving the Minnesota Dairy Industry by selling detergents and cleaners to dairy farmers and small creameries. Alfred's son, Bruce assumed the total responsibilities of the company in the late '40s and developed the solid foundation that is continually growing today.
In the late 60's Anderson entered the water treatment market servicing and selling products for industrial heating and cooling systems. The third generation of Andersons entered the business upon the death of Bruce in 1977.
The company has since grown in size and scope, now achieving national coverage in the United States in the food processing, industrial water treatment and institutional markets. The institutional division markets its Kitchen, Laundry, Housekeeping, C-Store and Grocery Store cleaners via distributors, to institutions such as hospitals, nursing homes, schools, restaurants and hotels.
Anderson Chemical Company's R & D, production, sales and administration facilities are all located in Litchfield, Minnesota.